Thursday, August 5, 2010

Knowing the Right Concepts of Filtration and Purification.

Why do I kept on stressing, knowing the right concepts of filtration and purification. I just want to share an incident that I encountered last Wed, April 8.

There was a walk in client in the office that day, I was called by one of my staffs to handle the issue and when I talked to her, she was very depressed of what had happened to her water station. I asked her why were she able to know our company and she told me that she just saw our display while passing along Shaw Blvd. She bought filters and she shared to me her problems hoping that she can get a better solution to her problems.

She bought her water station to her friend who happened to migrate to Canada 5 months ago. Included were the systems, some bottles, few dispensers, 2 units of padyak bikes and she was the one who continued the rental of the place. So thinking that she can save for the site renovation and marketing efforts, she paid the total amount of P300,000. The system was just 6 months old at that time and as of that day, Wed, April 9 the system was just 11 month old.

She discussed to me so many concerns about the maintenance she spent from the time she acquired the unit. All the media elements were replaced, membrane was changed and she kept on buying pumphead (Procon).

To sum it all, she was able to spend P100,000 and still problems are not solved. She is still complaining of low production, high TDS, frequent replacement of pump head. What makes my blood boils was according to the water company that handles her concern, all the parts are made in China nowadays that is why she encounters so many problem.

Sabi nga hindi pa Byernes Santo, naghugas na ng kamay si Pontio Plilato, The client was a wife of a Seaman and all they want was to have a business pero the way things are going right now they just want to close the business due to so many technical problems of the systems and they cannot spend more for additional major repairs since all their savings was used up.

I just advised her that for the meantime, just operate the business and just focus on the immediate problem, which is the constant replacement of pumphead. I even recommended a technician that will trouble shoot the problem and will give her the cheaper alternative means.

As of this time, the technician texted me and so far, he was able to solve the problem and I was very happy because I was able to help the client in my own little way.

So, how would you empathize with the client? Who should be blamed? Her ignorance of the concept? or the company that pretends to know the concept? this is what I am telling, any person or company that are engaged in this business should have this social obligation of doing the right thing so as not to create disastrous act that will affect water station owners.

- Orly Shanghai

No comments: